FTP to GMC on F drive

Ask questions about Gentoox MCE here!
iham

FTP to GMC on F drive

Post by iham »

I have managed to install GMC on my F drive as a native installation. All running fine. The xbox has an executor chip and evox. I can transfer files without problem using flash FXP but the subdirectories and system files on F are hidden. I understand that photos, videos etc should be loaded into the approriate subdirectories on F. How do I unhide my F drive files? Thankyou.
m1d_kn1ght
Linux User

Post by m1d_kn1ght »

Well that depends.

I thought I had the same problem for a while.

Check the virtual server, and make sure you have set the permissions correctly.

Also, make sure you have allowed the right directories.

If you are logging in as root via ftp, then make sure you have the ability to change directry to /

When you first login as root, you are in the default directory /root

You need to back up a directory to get to anything else huh...

LOL!

Nick
XBox v1.6

Hardware
Xecuter 3 mod
200Gb PATA Hard disk
X3 Control Panel

Software
Gentoox Home v4
Apache 2 - PHP5
MySQL
ProFTPd
Qmail - vpopmail
iham

Post by iham »

thankyou i will give it a go and let you know how i get on
iham

Post by iham »

sometimes the solution to things are embarrasingly simple. FTP is working fine once i have the media centre loaded and running. I was trying to connect inside the evolution x dashboard.
sorry_name_taken_already2

MCE v1.3 - CAN'T COPY BASE PACKAGES?!

Post by sorry_name_taken_already2 »

I am dreading to install MCE using the boot cd as per tutorial/instructions. I fear of loosing (games & movies) data on my F: partition Fortunately, I havent had any luck with the MCE.iso. I downloaded it three times and tried it on different versions of xboxes (v1.0, v1.2 and v1.6). IT fails when copying base packages to F:

I was wondering if some smart cookie have found a way to install MCE v1.3 using ftp.

I dont want to intall MCE as a "native" install. I still like to use it as a gaming console and the option to use it as a PC to surf the net and as a Media Centre in linux.

Incidentally, is there support for USB external HDTV device for gentoox MCE yet?

I have installed HOME v.3 via ftp succesfully as per instruction but I cant use the Xpad. I am still trying to find a store in SYDNEY,AUSTRALIA that sells a PS/2 keyboard/mouse xobx adapter!

I have also tried to learn to install MYTHV manually unsuccessfully on my pc using Unbuntu/knoptv.

I am not linux savvy! I am a newbie that follows tuts and instructions I find online.

PLEASE HELP! This Forum is my last resort.

Please email me if anyone feels like donating a PS/2 adapter or (fem) USB connector for my project?
xbox v.16
64MB Ram
XBMC
160GB HDD
(trying to install linux)
sorry_name_taken_already2

share?!

Post by sorry_name_taken_already2 »

iham wrote:sometimes the solution to things are embarrasingly simple. FTP is working fine once i have the media centre loaded and running. I was trying to connect inside the evolution x dashboard.

G'day mate. If you can be arsed!
Perhaps you can share the contents for others to download?

Cheers!

Andy
xbox v.16
64MB Ram
XBMC
160GB HDD
(trying to install linux)