Fresh start on Dual boot. PLEASE HELP!?!?!?!?!?!?

Ask questions about Gentoox MCE here!
wHack
Novice

Fresh start on Dual boot. PLEASE HELP!?!?!?!?!?!?

Post by wHack »

Ok I know this topic has been covered in a couple of other Message threads but I started a new one that is specifically asking no BEGGING for assistance.

Here's the deal there are a few of us out there who have been hard at work trying to figure out how to install MCE with a custom partition setup. We've gotten it to work with the standard LBA48 setup of 137Gb for F: and the remainder to G:. This worked quite well for me as a matter of fact. No loss of data on F: and G: was overwritten by my Native install. all seemed well. The only problem I had was that I have a 250Gb HD and I didn't want to give quite so much to MCE. Others have the same problem. When we tried to do the same technique using a different partition setup say 220Gb for F: and 20Gb G: all of our data on F: was lost, and our partition tables where no longer readable by our bioses.

If there is anyone out there who has ever succeeded at this please let us no how you did it. Also if anyone out there might know the cause or why it might work with a standard setup but not with the custom setup please let us know. THNX

Also Shallax or any of the Gentoox pro's out there if you have any advice or can help that would be great.