First question!!! Will it work with my other mythtv backend?

Ask questions about Gentoox MCE here!
Mergus

First question!!! Will it work with my other mythtv backend?

Post by Mergus »

I'm currently using an xbox frontend based on the mythtv frontend bootstrapped debian (http://bit.blkbk.com/) this links into a external backend in a different machine.

is this Friendtech Media Center goign to be able to hook in and stream over my information contained in my external backend somehow?

if you need me to beta test this functionality just let me know i'd be happy do it!!!

thanks in advance

- Mergus
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

I've disabled the "TV" icon for now, so I dont think the backend is of any real use at the moment. It will be added in the future.
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo
Mergus

Post by Mergus »

thanks for the near instant reply!!!!

Pity about it not being in to start but i'm more than looking forward to it when it does arrive :P

if you would be able to leave the ability for the tv option to be reenabled and potentially allow myself and others to have a play around with the settings to reenable the frontend/external backend system i would greatly appreciate it... i can understand the reasons for not making it easy to reenable in normal conditions (for people who don't care about it or would be confused by it) but i'm sure you can understand the reasons for people such as myself who are really interested in getting the streaming working.

#edit
if you did and i got it working i'd be more than happy to write up a tutorial/how-to for this forum
#end edit

thanks again

- Mergus
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

hehee.. its very very simple to reenable it. Just edit the skin file and delete the comment marks "<!-- ..... -->" around the TV button code.
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo