These questions might sound stupid, but i hope they wont..

Talk about anything related to Gentoox MCE.
madaucer

These questions might sound stupid, but i hope they wont..

Post by madaucer »

Im new to gentoo/gentoox, I've been using Kubuntu on my desktop pc for about 5 months now and since I have 2 MS Xboxes, of which 1 (the newer v1.2) is modded with eXecuter 2lite mod-chip and has a 40gb hd in it. The other is completety original v1.0 xbox.

I thought I could change a linux-based OS on the modded box, to run alongside my PC. I installed gentoox home (newest), everything seemed to work just fine, but it only recognized 8gb of the 40gb, and when i tried to run fdisk /dev/hda on it and add the rest of the missing sectors (maybe I shouldn't have done this?), it screwed up the partition tables and have to re-install.

Anyways, before the screw-up, i got samba running from my PC-->xbox,mplayer emerged (couldnt not display fullscreen video, couldnt find the solution), some other things usefull to me.

Anyways, my question is that if I install gentoox MCE, will I be able to watch fullscreen videos (dvd,vcd,divx,etc) and will I be able to run Boinc client in the backround? (would be such a waste to use the idle-time just sitting there, because its running on my desktop pc also).

Please keep in mind that I could not find the solution to my questions from the site. And got a bit confused with gentoox home <--> gentoox MCE (propably because of mythtv).

Anyways, thanks a lot for replying to this and possibly helping me out.
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

Explaining what Boinc is might help. But yes, you should be able to set anything you like running in the background (with a bit of tweaking to startup scripts).
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo