General questions about Myth tv

Talk about anything related to Gentoox MCE.
Oxalic32
Linux User

General questions about Myth tv

Post by Oxalic32 »

What's a good tv tuner card to use with Xbox's Myth tv. I'm trying to spend well under $100, but also want quality. Got suggestios?
nobspangle
Gentoox Guru!

Post by nobspangle »

as far as I know, nobody has got a card working on the xbox yet. I'd say go with a hauppaugge card, they seem to have the most general linux support.
If you keep an open mind, will your brain fall out?
Oxalic32
Linux User

Post by Oxalic32 »

I'm talking about getting one working on my pc then streaming or somehow giving xbox acess to it, i think that's possible atleast.
iccaros
Adept

Post by iccaros »

yes . .its what I do .. I have mythfrontend on the xbox and have a mythtv server with 3 pvr-250 wintv cards by hauppaugge.
Gentoo has a great guide (search how-to gentoo mythtv) in google
Want to try one more live cd..
http://www.Iccaros-Linux.org
UrbanNightmare

Post by UrbanNightmare »

I've got a v1.6 xbox running a gentoox with myth frontend .16. Streaming live tv works great but trying to stream a recorded show (recorded from a pvr-250 not transcoded) does nothing but hickup. I only get about 5 secs of smooth video. Same thing happens to ripped dvd's. The dvds are ripped to excelent quality so they are around 1.9 gig range. The recorded shows are around 2.2 gigs for an hour of tv.

I little note about my network. Its a 100mb network through to switches. I need two so it I can get from the basement to the second floor. I've tried moving the xbox into the same room and only using one switch but no go.

About my xbox. Its running a gentoox pro install with a 2.4.29-xbox kernel so I could get lirc to work properly. Other than that its a basic gentoox not native install.

Urban Nightmare
braden.compton

Stuttering

Post by braden.compton »

UrbanNightmare - see this post for some info that might help you get rid of the stuttering. I mythfrontend-0.17 (with mythvideo and mythdvd) on Gentoox without any issues. Since upgrading to 0.18 I've had problems, but I think they're on the way to being solved.