Can´t start MCE correctly, Can´t install Gentoox

Talk about anything related to Gentoox MCE.
thoma

Can´t start MCE correctly, Can´t install Gentoox

Post by thoma » Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:45 pm

When I try to start MCE I get to the startpage but there is no action possible. Using the remote control or the gamepad brings no effect.
I reinstalled MCE several times - no effect.
When I try to install Gentoox during the MCE installation an errormessage appears: "You don´t have enough space on drive E:" - my HD has 120 MB

In fact I only want to flash my old bios back to xectuer 2 but there seems to be no way - I can´t get to any shell inside MCE and other boot cd´s don´t work.

Can somebody give me a hint how to get my bios flashed ?

lotw
Pro

Re: Can´t start MCE correctly, Can´t install Gentoox

Post by lotw » Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:30 pm

thoma wrote:When I try to start MCE I get to the startpage but there is no action possible. Using the remote control or the gamepad brings no effect.
I reinstalled MCE several times - no effect.
When I try to install Gentoox during the MCE installation an errormessage appears: "You don´t have enough space on drive E:" - my HD has 120 MB

In fact I only want to flash my old bios back to xectuer 2 but there seems to be no way - I can´t get to any shell inside MCE and other boot cd´s don´t work.

Can somebody give me a hint how to get my bios flashed ?

You have to have about 3.5g free on E: drive to install Gentoox, it uses that partition for temp files that are removed when done. I would suggest backing up the saves and music, then clearing up space for the install, once completed you can put the saves back.