Tranfering file from Point A to B

Talk about anything related to Gentoox MCE.
morph3usX
Novice

Tranfering file from Point A to B

Post by morph3usX »

What I would liek to know is what is the easiest to move my files (Music, Movies, Photos) from one of my xboxs running XBMC (also, avalaunch, evox, unleashX, etc) to my new MCE xbox? Tried the following to know avail

Link Cable between the to machines - Logged in but took an hour to pull up file list and was unable to transfer

Both plugged into my router and using FlashFXP and I get illegal process message all though I am logged into both.

So far what I am doing is moving file from XBMC to PC to MCE but would like to cut out the middle process. Any insite?
lotw
Pro

Re: Tranfering file from Point A to B

Post by lotw »

morph3usX wrote:What I would liek to know is what is the easiest to move my files (Music, Movies, Photos) from one of my xboxs running XBMC (also, avalaunch, evox, unleashX, etc) to my new MCE xbox? Tried the following to know avail

Link Cable between the to machines - Logged in but took an hour to pull up file list and was unable to transfer

Both plugged into my router and using FlashFXP and I get illegal process message all though I am logged into both.

So far what I am doing is moving file from XBMC to PC to MCE but would like to cut out the middle process. Any insite?
The MCE machine should have ProFTPD running so in theory you can use the Xbox XBFTP program to FTP the files to the MCE from the other one. I tried to do that with Avalaunch, but their FTP client for some reason will log onto the ProFTPd, but freezes when getting the directory info.
morph3usX
Novice

Post by morph3usX »

Thx I will try this when I get home tonite
morph3usX
Novice

Post by morph3usX »

Using XBFTP worked like a charm and I must say that upload speed is mind boggling fast....thx and good work shallax