Is there a way to just copy the files to hd and run xbe

Talk about anything related to Gentoox MCE.
xsence

Is there a way to just copy the files to hd and run xbe

Post by xsence »

I really like what you guys made .. but i have so many important stuff on my hd's (movies and pictures etc) that i don''t want to lose.

So is there a way to just copy those files to hd and run it from mediacenter (my dashboard) as a programm?

or install another bios which boots another xbe from boot?
lotw
Pro

Re: Is there a way to just copy the files to hd and run xbe

Post by lotw »

xsence wrote:I really like what you guys made .. but i have so many important stuff on my hd's (movies and pictures etc) that i don''t want to lose.

So is there a way to just copy those files to hd and run it from mediacenter (my dashboard) as a programm?

Are you already running Gentoox on that Xbox? If not then there is no way.
nobspangle
Gentoox Guru!

Post by nobspangle »

copy your important movies and pictures off of your xbox onto your PC, install MCE and then put the movies and pictures back :) sorted.
If you keep an open mind, will your brain fall out?
Casper1786
Linux User

Post by Casper1786 »

that works for movies, pictures, an music, but not for games and other homebrew applications, I want MCE for Encoding/ripping DVDs, but my problem is that I also wish 2 be able 2 store games on my F Drive
nabelo

Re: Is there a way to just copy the files to hd and run xbe

Post by nabelo »

lotw wrote:
xsence wrote:I really like what you guys made .. but i have so many important stuff on my hd's (movies and pictures etc) that i don''t want to lose.

Are you already running Gentoox on that Xbox? If not then there is no way.
Hi,

can you please explain how to do it if i allready have Gentoox installed via FTP ?
I dont want that MCE format my whole F Partition. Is there a way to install the MCE if i allready have Gentoox installed ?

Geetings
Nabel0
Huoliuhi

nothing

Post by Huoliuhi »

I'm going to bump the tread up.
hi